Feb. 4, 2018, 7:09 a.m. by EtMDB
International coproductions epitomize a form of artistic collaboration involving partnership and dialogue. With a view to encouraging new collaborative working processes and innovative productions involving international cultural exchange, Goethe-Institut set up a new coproduction fund in the summer of 2016 to promote new working networks and approaches within a global context and to explore new forms of intercultural collaboration.
The Goethe-Institut’s Culture Department is responsible for administering the International Coproduction Fund. The employees of the music and theatre/dance departments carefully examine all the applications received both on their formal criteria, as well as on their compliance with the objectives or award criteria of the International Coproduction Fund. Then, after the end of the application period, the applications that have been accepted will be submitted to an independent expert committee. The five-member jury consists of alternating representatives of the advisory boards of Goethe-Institut, international experts and a representative of the Goethe-Institut abroad.
DeadlinesDeadlines for projects beginning:
- in 2017: April 30, 2017
- in 2018: October 30, 2017 and April 30, 2018
- Expected artistic quality of the project
- Innovative potential in the form and content of the collaboration
- Relevance of the participating artists in their respective scenes
- Budget indicating project partners’ own contributions and a solid financial plan
- A balanced project partnership, not dominated by one partner
- At least one performance to be given in one of the participating countries, ideally in other countries as well
- Preference will be given to projects between German and non-European partners, especially from transition countries
- The project’s potential to contribute significantly to current social discourse
- Applicants should be prepared to participate in an event demonstrating the exchange of coproduction knowhow at the end of the agreed grant period
- No applications for guest performance funding
- The projects submitted should embrace only the performing arts (no outright film or exhibition projects)
Call all theatre, dance, music and performance art practitioners International Coproductions Fund deadline 30th April ‘18
COPRODUCTION FUND GOETHE-INSTITUT
Copyright © 2018 GOETHE-INSTITUT. All rights reserved.